To study abroad for 1 semester or 2 you can apply for exchange places that are available through bilateral agreements with Partner universities abroad – either through exchange cooperations within the EU programme ERASMUS+ student mobility for studies (SMS) or through exchange cooperations that the TUHH holds directly with Partner universities. The benefit of studying abroad within an exchange cooperation is usually in simplified credit recognition and waved tuition fees at the partner university.
While the exchange places available through ERASMUS SMS are usually combined with a small mobility allowance (Mobilitätsbeihilfe), the exchange within the framework of TUHH's Partner Universities is allowing students to apply for additional funding programmes. This is also the case if you are planning and organizing your individual study abroad period at a non-partner university (free mover).
In any case, outgoing students in exchange programs will have to discuss their prospective study programmes abroad and the subsequent recognition of credits at TUHH with their respective study programme coordinator (i.e. Studiengangsleiterin / Studiengangsleiter) – beforehand and fix the results of the discussion in a learning agreement (for details please see information of the specific program).
If you plan to go abroad for a research project work or a thesis, it is a requirement to have a thesis supervisor at both the guest university and at TUHH.

Informationsseite des Angebots